Traditionally, R.E. Tricker Ltd is known as the maker of country shoes and boots. In fact, Joseph Tricker’s son-in-law, Walter James Barltrop, designed and created the world’s first country boot in 1840 which heralded a brand new age for country footwear.
Produced with the same characteristics of a hard-wearing welted shoe, the flexi welt features the following:
- light weight leather sole and leather insole;
- cork filler;
- half lined;
- special light weight reverse Castorino calf suede.
This deconstructed i shoe is thirty percent lighter than our standard country footwear. However, it remains as durable and solid as you would expect from shoes and boots produced by England's oldest shoe maker.
Designed for footwear to be worn in warmer weather, the new flexi welt is now available on a range of new suede shoes and boots featured in our first-ever Spring/Summer collection for men.
How to care for your Castorino suede footwear:
- For Mud Stains: use a wire suede brush when the mud is dry.
- For other stains: Scotch Brite is very good at removing most stains, but excessive cleaning may cause permanent damage.
- Castorino suede has a very soft nap. Watch our videos to see how to brush and care for suede.
- Use the correct type of soft shoe brush.
- Keep your footwear in their shoe bags to prevent damage.
- Use shoe trees to help maintain shape.
Follow us on Instagram for new product, offers and behind the scenes information.
Why not post photos of your beloved Tricker’s footwear using #mytreasuredtrickers for a chance to be featured on our page.